Dates: 7-8 January 2017
Venue: Peel Park, Bolton Road, Bradford, West Yorkshire
Organiser: Yorkshire Cyclo-Cross Association
About: The British Cycling National Cyclo-Cross Championships return to Peel Park in Bradford in 2017. The venue hosted the championships in 2009 and 2013.
Post Race Info
Kinesis’s report for the event:
British Cycling’s course ride, with Jack Clarkson doing the riding duties
Thank you to Paul Davy (email@example.com IG: @cyceltogs) for this excellent selection of images. Please contact Paul before using any of these images, which are subject to his copyright.
Thank you – from the organisers, Yorkshire Cyclo-Cross Association, we’d like to thank everyone involved in the weekend. A great line-up of riders who put on a superb show; the large and very enthusiastic crowds who made the event atmosphere so special on both days; British Cycling and their many event professionals for giving us the opportunity to hold the event and providing their strong backing in so many ways; to our many sponsors, headed by Triton Construction and Kinesis UK, without whom we could not have run the weekend; to the city of Bradford for hosting and supporting us; to the commissairing team for their calm, professional support and guidance; and finally, the most important people of all, the numerous volunteers who gave up their time before, during and after the event to make it run. In many ways it’s tempting to try to name-check everyone, but the sheer impossibility of accurately crediting all the unique volunteer contributions and their range of expertise is, in itself, an indication of just how many people gave so much to the event. Thank you again, to all the above – from the YCCA organising committee.
- Schedule: Day one will see titles decided in a range of categories including Veteran Over-40 and Over-50 and Youth Under-14 and Under-16. Day two sees the Junior, Under-23 and Senior races. Full Schedule
- Course: The course will be a typical Bradford parkland combination of drier semi-woodland/grassland on the high side of the finish straight, with muddy and steep riding on the lower areas of the park. Course Details
- Rider Notes: a copy of the final instructions sent to all competitors – rider notes
Parking, Accommodation & Practicalities
- Car Park 1 – spectators, & competitors – signposted off Lister Lane/Valley View Grove on the A6177 Bradford inner ring road. The nearest postcode is BD2 4LP. There’s a small fee of £2 for parking: More Info
- Car Park 2 – competitors, media & officials – signposted off Cliffe Road, close to the A658. The postcode BD3 0LT gets you onto Cliffe Road. There’s a small fee of £2 for parking: More Info
- Motorhomes & Club Gazebos: There are two main car parks. We also have motorhome pitches available. These must be pre-booked as must prime-position (by the start line) club gazebos: More Info
- Accommodation – our recommended hotel and other options in the area – More Info
- Security: Peel Park is an inner-city venue. Please keep valuables, especially bikes safe at all times.
- Media – book a press bib
- Sponsors: The event will be organised by the Yorkshire Cyclo-Cross Association, with support from a range of sponsors, including lead sponsor Triton Construction and Yorkshire Cyclo-Cross Series Sponsor, Kinesis UK. Please support our sponsors and supporters – More on our Sponsors
- Volunteers: There are a range of volunteering opportunities on both days. Guaranteed entry into the 3 Peaks CX for all volunteers: Volunteering with us
- Spectators: the event is free for spectators. However, there is a small charge for parking in the park. Refer to the weekend schedule for what to watch and when.
Under-12 Races – There are races for Under 8/10/12 children on Sunday morning. The races will take place at the side of the Bradford BMX track which is situated at the North side of Peel Park. Please use the postcode BD3 0NF if not parking in the main event car parks. To access on foot, please walk behind the changing rooms.
Category/Sign On Opens/Sign On Closes/Race Starts
Podium Presentation will be at approximately 11.15